BIG idea
I think there might be a broken link at help --> bugs.

I'm just having a really hard time at figuring out how this place is organized.

Like the API section, it makes no sense to me, what is it's premise? It should have a "what you need to know to understand this" section. A lot of them should have it. And a "what you can accomplish with this information" section. I would like to understand this place and get deep into collaborating with people and helping make this site better and more organized but I am often confused.

Also, The pool names are very confusing. They provide no information to me about what they are and (being in another language) are very hard to remember if I want to add images to pools, I basically would have to write the number and theme of each one on a piece of paper to contribute to already made pools.

Maybe do something like the tag aliases/implications page to separate manga and just similar images. I'd have to read and understand Japanese and maybe other languages. It would make finding and organizing content much easier and enjoyable. I don't have time to have intimate knowledge of several hundred tags artists and mangas. I have school! (and you have work)

I just feel like the over all organization of this place could be improved and we need some way to recruit manpower to get it done. That's a big challenge. Maybe (this is a stretch, but like, write it on your fridge) have a new type of organization as a profile setting (like how there are two ways to view images browser/posts) where there are branches of related posts and then there are like several (2 - 8) different tree configurations in which the root is like [toddlercon | lolicon | shotacon] and then each one contains all the images below it and it's subcategories. Maybe a branch on the right side of the screen that expands like a tree in which you can select any level of branch or image, then set the logic as OR or XOR or NOT as the organization and it saves as your profile settings. You can clear/save/load trees and with a little drop down you can choose between the different trees. There are no repeating images within a tree but each tree has all the images.

It's VERY ambitious but I think it's a good idea, maybe a variation on it would work.

Why it's better than simply tags is that tags don't take into account aesthetic as reliably, sure if I search black_dress I'll like 23% of the images and if I search gape I'll like 14% of the images, but I think with the tree method you are more free in how you categorize, I think numbers such as 60% or even 70% could be achieved.

The hardest part would be organizing, once things are organized incorrectly it's very tedious for a normal user to look through every image and click and click ad click for something they barely care about. I mean hard not as in time or resource but as in plausibility. We need to gather our ideas on this, this is very crude. All I know is that I am sometimes dissatisfied with my ability to find and organize content. It must be addressed on the most fundamental level (sometime in the future).

Also it would be nice to be able to reorganize forum posts by different data such as user, topic (make a topic category and do away with the suggestion box), also permission level (hide things from some members, have janitor and up only and mod and up only). There are several problems with the forum, first of all, some posts have miles and miles of replies while others have very little, this causes the large posts to be forced to be too general and the small posts too pointless and cluttery. One way of fixing this is with sub comments, but that has it's own issues (I'm looking at you Redditಠ_ಠ). Like how could I give my advice on a certain suggestion when I feel like any comment has to be a suggestion. quotes are helpful but only for one or to responses (wait... where's the next real response?) and sub comments are too messy. I think it would make the forum look a lot nicer and cleaner.

[Maybe check boxes to see or not see posts allowed to different levels of permission? gray out the ones people aren't allowed to see but don't hide them. maybe "noob" and "member" and "experienced" and "privileged" and "janitor" and "moderator" and "admin" those levels being based on amount of healthy activity. Forum posts are worth 5 points (and .5 for every reply) image posts 3 replies 2 comments 2 ratings 1 reports are -2 prohibited content -10 spam -8 etc. janitors can remove 10 points from people per 24 hours and moderators can remove up to 300 points per 24h. Of course the highest rank you can get with just points is "privileged"] (maybe tie this into the categorizing thing to motivate people?)

Also I think here should be a thing called the "statistics machine" and it's a little popup that you can float around your screen or snap to the bottom that has several tools available equally to mod and janitors maybe not POST API stuff (did I use that right?). So there's a selector tool, a tag dropper tool that has tags you save, pool adder, tree adder, interaction history, views/rating history (graph). The selector is a left click and any other tool is a right click, when you select something on screen (or multiple things) it's highlighted and based on the tool you've selected and what the object(s) are/is you have different windows that can pop up in the same box as the tool selector. (also the tool selector gives you some simple statistics when you hover). The objects that you can select are users, tags, pools, and pretty much any link. Double left click to deselect everything and go back to the default tool. The view tool.

The tag window has recent tags, tag type selector, saved tags, shows tags (and their related info), and anything else you can think of. The other boxes do other things. Like if I want to know how many users of each privilege level interacted (voted/commented/viewed) with something divided by how many users there are of that type divided by (or not divided by) how many times that user has interacted with things in a certain time frame or of images on a certain branch, multiple branches or tags or multiple tags to see how popular the image is and how much it needs my attention then I can just use the "advanced interactions statistics" tool. Also by that concept make a tree or tag assembly its own type of data structure that you can transfer around and play with. So you can use it for administrative or erotic things.

But the tools aren't static, build the frame work so the tools are like plugins and new types of statistics can be recorded easily. You never know what neat idea might pop into your head.

So yeah, you want Lolibooru to be a god among image boards? do this. Any these are just rough ideas, you could change numbers, names, anything. I don't know much about how this would all actually be done. Would you have to rebuild the entire framework? Just an idea. maybe I'm dumb.
A branch assembly would be like [(branch a, tree 1 OR branch b, tree 1) AND (branch c, tree 6 or branch d, tree 2 or branch c, tree 3. Maybe to post you'd have to put it in a specific place on each tree or threre's a penalty of .5 points for putting an image in the "don't know where to put this" box.

Also mods can hire temp janitors
Just as a friendly reminder, this belongs in the suggestions box

alacaster said:
Why it's better than simply tags is that tags don't take into account aesthetic as reliably, sure if I search black_dress I'll like 23% of the images and if I search gape I'll like 14% of the images, but I think with the tree method you are more free in how you categorize, I think numbers such as 60% or even 70% could be achieved.
You can add and remove other tags in the search field. The search system is quite expansive as is and I'm sure it's plenty enough. I also doubt swimming through 100 images you don't like to find 20 you do is an issue at all.

alacaster said:
maybe "noob" and "member" and "experienced" and "privileged" and "janitor" and "moderator" and "admin" those levels being based on amount of healthy activity. Forum posts are worth 5 points (and .5 for every reply) image posts 3 replies 2 comments 2 ratings 1 reports are -2 prohibited content -10 spam -8 etc. janitors can remove 10 points from people per 24 hours and moderators can remove up to 300 points per 24h. Of course the highest rank you can get with just points is "privileged"
This honestly feels like your idea was integrating some sort of RPG leveling system to an imageboard. Seems also quite exploitable which would only add more labour.

Overall your ideas aren't terrible but putting them into action is beyond anyone's capability here. Rare few might actually be possible on the code. Maybe for larger imageboard, but the audience/staff here pales in comparison to some other boards.
Ambitious is underrating this.

Not taking anything away from you, they are quite the BIG ideas you claimed them to be.
Realistically, none of this will be useful until you start making actual progress in bringing forth such features. With no ill intents, I'm doubtful you have that big of a grasp on coding. Unless you can get anyone else on this (which is unlikely), it will remain as just a forum post, simple as.
Thank you for your effort though, keep on dreaming.
Holy fuck, that would be amazing, but, yeah, you'd have to rewrite the site's engine to make it fit, and it is a mess, so it's better to start from nothing.

I'd love a image board with this kind of features, especially the plug-in thing, but it just isn't feasible to do here.
Well, besides the whole restructuring of the site and mod tools there's still some plausible stuff here I think.

alacaster said:
Also it would be nice to be able to reorganize forum posts by different data such as user, topic (make a topic category and do away with the suggestion box), also permission level (hide things from some members, have janitor and up only and mod and up only). There are several problems with the forum, first of all, some posts have miles and miles of replies while others have very little, this causes the large posts to be forced to be too general and the small posts too pointless and cluttery. One way of fixing this is with sub comments, but that has it's own issues (I'm looking at you Redditಠ_ಠ). Like how could I give my advice on a certain suggestion when I feel like any comment has to be a suggestion. quotes are helpful but only for one or to responses (wait... where's the next real response?) and sub comments are too messy. I think it would make the forum look a lot nicer and cleaner.
Like, the amount of discourse I expecting about this post would be inappropriate for the suggestion box. Like what if I want to say, "cool idea" or "thx uwu". Bad examples but you get the picture.

alacaster said:
Also, The pool names are very confusing. They provide no information to me about what they are and (being in another language) are very hard to remember if I want to add images to pools, I basically would have to write the number and theme of each one on a piece of paper to contribute to already made pools.

Maybe do something like the tag aliases/implications page to separate manga and just similar images. I'd have to read and understand Japanese and maybe other languages. It would make finding and organizing content much easier and enjoyable. I don't have time to have intimate knowledge of several hundred tags artists and mangas. I have school! (and you have work)
this is true, I can look at a new English word and remember it pretty easily because I know how it sounds and I'm used to the pattern but in Japanese I'd have to use flashcards or something.

alacaster said:
Like the API section, it makes no sense to me, what is it's premise? It should have a "what you need to know to understand this" section. A lot of them should have it. And a "what you can accomplish with this information" section. I would like to understand this place and get deep into collaborating with people and helping make this site better and more organized but I am often confused.
I know I'm very ignorant and haven't picked up all the common knowledge of more experienced users but I think there should at least be a "What can I achieve with this information" and a "how to make a good wiki page" with guidelines like that. If it were a wiki page I'd do it myself.
Imma make the "how to make a good wiki page" page. I need help from experienced members because I can't think of all the possibilities myself. Like five paragraph essay formats, but different, and more freedom.

Could it be put on help:home ? Also there's no way to link to help pages, only wiki pages.
I think.